(Your shopping cart is empty)
What adapters are available to achieve the correct back focus for my specific optics?
Last Updated: 02/18/2014
Every telescope, flattener and focal reducer has different back focus requirements. QSI 500 Series cameras have very short back focus allowing them to be used with a variety of different optical systems. Off-the-shelf and custom adapters are available from a variety of manufacturers for achieving the optimal back focus.
Note: The links below will open third-party web sites in new windows. QSI does not endorse any particular third party products. Check with the manufacturer or retailer to confirm the products meet your specific requirements.
T-mount Spacer for 55mm of back focus:
An extra T-mount adapter can be stacked with the original T-mount adapter to achieve almost exactly 55mm of back focus with a QSI WSG model (55.87mm with no filter, 54.87mm with Astrodon filters). The extra T-mount adapter/spacer includes a set of longer screws to hold the stacked adapters in place.
T-mount Extension Tubes:
Threaded T-mount extension tubes of various lengths
- 10mm, 20mm, 25mm, 50mm, 100mm T-mount Extension Tubes
- 4.5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, 40mm T-mount Extension Tubes
- 7.5mm, 15mm, 40mm Baader T-mount Extension Tubes
- 3mm T-mount Extension Tube - Note: Threads may be too short for some components
T-mount Spacer Rings:
Thin brass spacer rings that slide over T-mount threads for fine back focus adjustments
C-mount Extension Tubes:
Threaded C-mount extension tubes of various lengths
C-mount Spacer Rings:
- 5mm, 10mm, 15mm, 25mm, 40mm, 50mm, 100mm C-mount Extension Tubes
Thin brass spacer rings that slide over C-mount threads for fine back focus adjustments. These
C-mount spacers can also be handy for fine tuning C-mount guide camera back focus with a wsg.
Specific Telescope Adapters:
Custom adapters for mounting QSI cameras on specific products from Telescope manufacturers
back focus specifications for QSI cameras from the Documentation page> of the QSI Web site.
- PreciseParts makes custom astronomy adapters. They are very familiar with the spacing requirements for QSI cameras and can make a custom adapter to your exact specifications.
Visit the PreciseParts Web site>>